Monday, March 18, 2013

The Fear Road.

     This morning at about 5:30 a.m. I received a call from the boss telling me not to drive to work.  No, I wasn't run off.  We were in a blizzard again.  No pipe getting put in the ground today.  I don't like driving when I can not see.  It makes me afraid.
     There was much talk of the violence that occurred over the weekend.  Apparently, two men were killed.  One in front of a strip club.   The other  was stabbed right here at my camp.  Fortunately I didn't witness or know anyone who did.
     At breakfast yesterday here is what I saw.  I saw a small group of men and women smiling with their Bibles open.    Awhile later  I saw about a hundred people singing praise and giving worship.   I listened to a pastor challenging his congregation to invite people to come to church and to help build a place where all  would like to come.     I saw people sharing their testimony of their path to Christ.   I saw families welcoming others into their homes to share Sunday dinner, and elderly telling stories of life.  My how things have changed.
     Or have they?  People are still finding their way to Christ.   Families are loving one another.   God is moving in people's hearts.  There seems to be an odor of fear out here.    The news seems to project it anyway,  and I know it weighs on many hearts.   Weather, foreign people,  patchy pasts,  housing,  economics,  crime,  seems that's all the news reports.   When we live in our fears, let them control us, make decisions on them.  Its like keeping our blinders on in narrow focus.  We only see the negativity and the enemy tries to suck us in.  When we let our fears rest in God,  He gives us the power to open our eyes and see what is really going on.  This is the day that the Lord has made.  Let us rejoice, and be glad in it.
     The same paths are open to all.  We choose which one to take:  the path of the blind, or the path of  wakedness.   Fear- Gate A same old same old... Joy Gate B.  The world of countless possibilities.  The sun is out now,  I can see a little better.  Maybe my friend Jose Jimenez would like to take a drive back to town and  hang out for awhile.  He said he was looking for something special to bring home to his kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment