Monday, April 8, 2013

Laid Off

     Being laid off stinks, plain and simple, especially for me. It isn't the lack of income.  I got a couple dollars saved for a little bit.  It's the ," what should i do now" thoughts that come to my head.  Believe me when I tell the reader that my mind is sometimes not a good place to go exploring.  Here are the top 5 genius ideas I have generated since I have been home.

5.   Kick a 21 year old kid out of my house because he wants to drink beer and won't come with me to church.  No discussion just put on the old size 13. Boot! Bam!  Come back when you want to get it right. 1 John 4: 7  Beloved let us love one another.

4.  Invite some old buddies over for coffee.  Are you kidding me... coffee,  they don't drink coffee, and neither do I.  Better yet invite them all over for some male bonding and see if anything is different this time.  Or how about better yet: Go down to the local watering hole and see what they are still up to!

3.  Take a road trip.  Oh yeah, that might require some planning and a destination. The last time I took a road trip I didn't come home for a few weeks, not that it was all bad, but I just don't remember it.  The movies The Hangover,  Road Trip, and Animal House about sum up that experience.Galatians 5:21 Envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

2.  Tear apart the house.  That's right.  I already did that and put it back together.  I have already completely rid my home of the essence of unclassy femininity with extreme prejudice.  My best friend says I have to say it this way.  Like I am better? Rom 3:23  For all have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God.

1.  Overhaul my home with new appliances and gadgets. The kitchen could use a few things. New microwave, fridge, stove.  Oh and I wouldn't be in vogue unless i had a toilet bowl fish tank.  Why not a new t.v. computers. While I am at it, a brand new truck.  Might as well then build a garage.   Since I am at it, I should add on a 3 season porch right now....Romans 12: 2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
   
     Differentiating between genius and insanity is hard.  Genius getting the ideas, and insanity would be acting on them and expecting a positive result.    ( Acts 26:24-25And as he was saying these things in his defense, Festus said with a loud voice, “Paul, you are out of your mind; your great learning is driving you out of your mind.”  But Paul said, “I am not out of my mind, most excellent Festus, but I am speaking true and rational words.)  Obviously even great people had problems with thinking too.
    In lieu of the grandiosity, those thoughts come to pass quickly now days.  Thank God!  Coming home has actually been serene.  Card game in the evening with Hunter...  Playing catch with Gracei...Talking of the future season with Skylar...  Visiting with friends...  Visiting mom and grandma...  going through pictures... making plans to visit my lady Brenda...  paying the bills... hauling kids around... Attend church...Swamp time with Ryan and Dakota... Spending time in prayer and meditation feeling God's presence.  Talking things out with like minded people.  Blog.
     Fortunately,  I can recognize my own strange thoughts now, have peace with my life and have something called Faith that just lets me know things are o.k. and as exactly as they should be even when I get toxic thoughts.  (Romans 5:1 Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.)
     Guess being laid off isn't so bad.  I think a coat of paint in the kitchen will be just fine.  After all in the big picture, I am just living right now in an overgrown hunting shack, on a piece of overgrown hunting land, during another hunting adventure called life.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment